761 6th Street S.E.
Medicine Hat, Alberta
The data on this website is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed to be accurate by the Medicine Hat Real Estate Board.
Source 1 Realty Corp.
Your Personalized Real Estate Company
BE ACCURATE! PRICE YOUR PROPERTY TO SELL
YOUR GOAL IS TO GET THE MOST MONEY POSSIBLE
IN THE SHORTEST PERIOD OF TIME POSSIBLE
Be realistic. Price is the number one factor that most home buyers use in determining which homes they will view. Although the price is set by the seller, the value of the home is determined by the buyer. Don’t allow your enthusiasm to warp your judgement and lead to overpricing – a mistake you can’t afford to make.
CONSIDER WHAT AFFECTS YOUR LISTING PRICE
• Urgency. How quickly must you sell?
• Competition. How many homes are available in your price category in your area?
• What are the current sales statistics for homes in your price category in your area? You should have a Competitive Market Analysis of what similar homes in the area sold for in the last six months.
• What financing alternatives are available for prospective buyers and what are the current home loan interest rates?
• What are your expenses involved with selling?
CONSIDER WHAT DOESN’T AFFECT YOUR LISTING PRICE
• Original Cost. Listing price is determined by today’s market.
• Potential buyers will evaluate your home and consider possible investment in improvements that may be needed and include those costs in their offer. (example: paint, carpet, etc. )
• The cost to build your home today or replacement value is for insurance purposes only.
• Prudent buyers purchase on their emotions, not any personal attachment or sentimental value of yours.
• Neighbour’s opinion. Most neighbours are not as educated to the market and are not aware of the terms and conditions that effected recent sales. GET THE FACTS!
CONSIDER WHAT HAPPENS TO AN OVERPRICED LISTING
• The competition or “correctly priced” homes look even better to the buyer if you are overpriced. Remember most buyers are competitive shoppers. You just help sell the competition.
• Your home will become dormant in the market, 80% of potential buyers will see your house in the first four to six weeks. It takes approximately three months to replace them with an equal number of new potential buyers.
• Serious buyers use the value, quality and price of similar homes as deciding factors.
• Too much time on the market creates a negative impression and people begin to wonder if there is something wrong with the property.
• You may have to make extra mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, utilities and unplanned maintenances that you cannot recover.
• Studies show that the longer a house is on the market, the greater the discount is off the listing price.
LOOK TO A SOURCE 1 REALTY SALES PROFESSIONAL FOR
ADVICE AND ANSWERS WHEN LISTING
A Source 1 Realty specialist has the tools necessary to compute the fair market value of your home quickly and accurately while allowing for personal considerations. Your residential specialist can also confidently answer your questions about listing, pricing and showing.
OUR GOALS ARE THE SAME AS YOURS:
- To get you the highest price possible;
- To sell your home as quickly as we can;
- To make selling your home a pleasant and profitable experience for you!
TRY PERSONALIZED INSTEAD OF FRANCHISED
USE SOURCE 1 REALTY CORP.